Coping with learning disabilities and enduring mental health issues can be a challenge. For some it can feel insurmountable without the proper support.
Choosing to enter into a residential setting or seek out ongoing help is a difficult but deeply courageous decision but with that support lasting positive change can be affected.
You are Not Alone
This is so important to remember. Whether you are looking for yourself or a loved one, we are here to provide you with a guiding hand throughout the entire process. We are committed to supporting you and those who matter most to you.
Encompass (Dorset) is a specialist charity dedicated to providing person centred care and support to adults with a learning disability or enduring mental illness across West and North Dorset.
We offer a mix of accommodation-based support services as well as care and support in your own home - all with an emphasis on person centred support.
Choose from one of our services on the right or read below for more information.
Watch Our Video
The player supports TAB to change the controls.
Update Required<br/>To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your <a href='http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/' target='_blank'>Flash plugin</a>.
Our services are registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), by whom we are regularly inspected. We are also monitored by Local Authorities and the clinical commissioning group (NHS) where support is funded by public monies.
- Bespoke respite care (Dorchester) for adults with a learning disability (18-65) and children aged 16-18
- Support in your own home (Domiciliary Care)
- Supported Living for adults with learning disabilities or mental health problems (Weymouth, Bridport & Sherborne)
- Innovative Day Care Support (via our Domiciliary Care Service)
- Registered Residential Care for adults with learning disabilities and additional complex needs (Weymouth, Dorchester, Bridport, Stalbridge & Sherborne)
Dedicated tenancy accommodation with support for young adults with learning disabilities who are leaving home/school for the first time or are transitioning to adult services, aged 18-25 years (Bridport)
- Qualified and experienced care and support for adults with enduring mental health issues, including those who are subject to the requirements of the Mental Health Act (Weymouth)
- Services that specialise in supporting adults with a learning disability with mental health overlay (Weymouth)
- Specialist trained staff teams that can support adults with behaviour that challenges services (residential or tenancy) (Bridport/Sherborne)
- Autism friendly environments (Dorchester/Stalbridge)
- Trained and experienced staff specialising in supporting adults with a learning disability with dementia (Stalbridge/Weymouth)
- Vast experience in supporting older people with a learning disability (Weymouth)
- Experienced and trained staff with a good understanding of the needs of adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities with complex needs (Weymouth/Bridport/ Dorchester).